Friday, May 27, 2011

Prezis a way of the future ??

Having researched lots of new media this term I came across this gem, Prezi's its basically an alternative to PowerPoint presentations and has great potential, still a novice to it, I will aim to make more Prezi's for the next academic year and build them up for my future teaching. In a nutshell Prezi is a web-based presentation application and storytelling tool that uses a single canvas instead of traditional slides. Text, images, videos and other presentation objects are placed on the infinite canvas and grouped together in frames. The canvas allows users to create non-linear presentations, where users can zoom in and out of a visual map.Prezi's are made online and you create 'paths' of information and link them all up add images,videos and links the interface in exciting and visually appealing. The below link gives you an idea of the basic idea of a prezi.







I have used 2 prezi's towards the end of my teaching year. I used one for a batik introduction and also another one looking at the appreciation of graffiti. Pupils loved the way i can move the presentation around and how I was able to zoom in and out of images and not loose any of the detail with the images. Prezi's are a way of the future, quick and easy to make these less formal ways of showing information excite and motivate pupils.

No comments:

Post a Comment