Thursday, May 26, 2011

ATAI - Cork Branch



Being part of ATAI, Art Teachers Assiocation Ireland is run on a voluntary basis by and for qualified Art Teachers. I got involved with ATAI this year on top of my hectic Hdip year, i felt it was good to see another side of the side education system. I became CCAD Liaison Officer this year as part of the cork branch, my role was to inform my fellow Hdip of up and coming events  with ATAI I also informed Hdips at Limerick College of Art and Design of up and coming events within Cork. 

ATAI Social Night January 2011 @ 'School Day' exhibit Glucksman Gallery

 Being on the commitee i have undertaken alot of mini projects and have taken part in new letters, social nights and debates about the current curriculum within the Irish system. As hectic as the year was it was a great thing to get involved and meet great people and fellow art teachers. I took part in several workshops including a ceramic workshop and life drawing workshop. These works shops were taught by experienced ceramists and life drawers. I learnt alot of useful tips and tricks to use within the classroom environment for years to come as well as brushing up on my own life drawings skills. 


Ceramic work shop in March 2011
 All in all ATAI was great for me as it was great to see what happens to a Hdip student after there year in training. I will still take on the role for next year and will keep future Hdips of Cork and Limerick of the future workshops lined up for ATAI Cork in 2011/2012. I will also have more time to take part in Annual and national events with the Dublin Branch within the forthcoming school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment