Friday, January 7, 2011

Asperger's Syndrome Documentary

I came across several documentaries online in regards to Asperger's Syndrome, but I found this one to be very interesting and insightful, Like this man pupil A in my class comes across as quite and un-reactive and dis interested perhaps even 'odd stand offish' to the stranger who was to walk into the classroom not know of his condition.

From watching several documentaries now I can see the same symptoms and traits of the suffers but one thing that I find hard with pupil A is finding a particular interest or obsession that Asperger's suffer normally have in common, having read books and watched documentaries on Asperger's I find it hard to see what does pupil A is interested in, , meeting his resource teaching one day I was told pupil A loves photography and using digital cameras and changing the settings and is advance on use of tecnologly.


I myself must try some way to incorporate photography into my scheme of work or even possible set pupil A with a project, but one must be aware of separating him from the class and making him stand out, I may think I get the class involved in a photography project to see how does Pupil A get motivated,interested or change with the possibility of taking photos.


 

I find TES SEN section to be very detailed and informative for a student teacher like myself unaware of Autism and other disorders.

No comments:

Post a Comment